Popmoney® is the upgraded P2P (personal payment) product that allows you to ‘Pay Other People’ anywhere, at anytime, using only the recipient’s email address, mobile number, or bank account from their online banking and bill pay site.
Send & Receive Money the Easy Way
A Personal Payments Service via Online Bill Pay
How do I know when I can use Popmoney?
Popmoney is now available to Cambridge State Bank Online Bill Pay Subscribers. When you log into your Online Banking account and click on the "Bill Payment" button you will see a new button called, "Popmoney" once the service is available.
What is Popmoney?
Popmoney is a new personal payments service that enables you to send and receive money to those you know, or owe, in as little as one business day– securely and electronically – either where you bank online, or through Popmoney.com. All you need is their email address or mobile phone number!
When you use Popmoney to send money to someone you eliminate the need to share private account information socially, as well as the hassle of making an ATM run or writing and mailing a check. And because you’re paying directly from your bank account to theirs, it takes as little as one business day for users of Popmoney to receive their money. It’s that easy!
How can I use Popmoney?
Pay your landlord, your cousin, or your co-worker. People are using Popmoney to pay for all sorts of things like shared phone bills, or just paying back a friend for lunch. You can even use it to request money. It’s the new way to pay and get paid! Popmoney users can also receive a request for money (payment request) from Popmoney.
How to send money?
- Click on Popmoney, click on add a new contact, enter first name and last name then enter either email or mobile number or their bank account information.
- Save time. Just enter the amount you’d like to pay to get your money moving, and select a payment date. Verify and click send. It's that easy!
- Include a message. Say a little something. Make it personal and send a message along with your money, or select an eGreeting.
- Notification. Now your recipient will be sent a Popmoney Pickup message letting them know you’ve paid them.
How to receive money?
1. Get a Popmoney Pickup Message. Get Paid. You’ll get a Popmoney Pickup Message through email or text letting you know you have money waiting for you. Text messaging fees may apply.
2. Safety first. Click the “Pickup your Money” link you received, and enter the email or mobile number where you got your Popmoney Pickup message.
3. Where to? Tell us where you want the money to be deposited. If you are new to Popmoney, you can create a profile with your bank account information, and we’ll save it for next time.
4. That’s all it takes. Show me the money. We’ll send you a confirmation email letting you know the date that your money will be deposited into your account, which typically takes no more than three business days. Use automatic deposit to have your money deposited in the same place next time.
What if I need to contact someone for support?
You will use the bank's Online Bill Pay Customer Support Line.
Support Hours: 6 am - 12 am CT 7 days/week